Top Posts & Pages
- Gwendolyn Brooks- Speech to the Young: Speech to the Progress-Toward
- A Look At 'Blackbird,' The First Film On The New 'Black Netflix'
- The Thin White Line: Most Cops Don't Look Like the Residents They Serve
- Soul Brother's Favorite Quotes
- Statement of Mayor Paul Soglin on Officer-Involved Shooting | City of Madison, Wisconsin
Tag Archives: Afghanistan
By Juan Cole Those ratings that castigate Afghanistan and some other poor countries as hopelessly “corrupt” always imply that the United States is not corrupt. VOA reports : While it is true that you don’t typically have to bribe your … Continue reading
Interesting and compelling article by Frank Lindh on his son John Lindh. Frank Lindh: America’s barbaric treatment of my son John Walker Lindh | World news | The Observer.
After the extended holiday; this may help put in perspective the meaning of Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Veteran’s Day. Thank you for your service. U.S. Wars Leave 225,000 Dead, Cost $4.4 Trillion: Study – Defense News.
As always some items are not covered completely by our news outlets. Over the weekend there was coverage of elections in Afghanistan. That news was overshadowed by domestic events. This is an interesting perspective from the former Prime Minister of Denmark and current Secretary General … Continue reading
This commentary from Gary Hart is thoughtful and insightful. Gary Hart: War, the Fourth, and Struggling Americans.
Informative article on Gen. McChrystal, voicing discontent with civilian authority, and the war strategy-COIN. Linda Keenan: Shadow Elite: McChrystal, Through the Looking Glass.