Top Posts & Pages
- Sidney Poitier to Receive Award from Film Society of Lincoln Center
- Race-blind admissions: White privilege is too often ignored in movies and in life
- California Inmate Dies In Solitary Confinement During Hunger Strike
- Immiseration: Deliberative Impoverishment and Racial Profiling
- The politics of being friends with white people
Tag Archives: Afghanistan
By Juan Cole Those ratings that castigate Afghanistan and some other poor countries as hopelessly “corrupt” always imply that the United States is not corrupt. VOA reports : While it is true that you don’t typically have to bribe your … Continue reading
Interesting and compelling article by Frank Lindh on his son John Lindh. Frank Lindh: America’s barbaric treatment of my son John Walker Lindh | World news | The Observer.
After the extended holiday; this may help put in perspective the meaning of Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Veteran’s Day. Thank you for your service. U.S. Wars Leave 225,000 Dead, Cost $4.4 Trillion: Study – Defense News.
As always some items are not covered completely by our news outlets. Over the weekend there was coverage of elections in Afghanistan. That news was overshadowed by domestic events. This is an interesting perspective from the former Prime Minister of Denmark and current Secretary General … Continue reading
This commentary from Gary Hart is thoughtful and insightful. Gary Hart: War, the Fourth, and Struggling Americans.
Informative article on Gen. McChrystal, voicing discontent with civilian authority, and the war strategy-COIN. Linda Keenan: Shadow Elite: McChrystal, Through the Looking Glass.