- The Coronavirus Could End American Exceptionalism
- Americans Were Primed To Believe The Current Onslaught Of Disinformation
- 7 Harsh Truths That Will Improve Your Leadership Skills Overnight
- Trump’s Refusal to Support a Peaceful Transfer of Power Is Shocking, but U.S. Political Transitions Have Always Created Uncertainty
Top Posts & Pages
- Sonia Sanchez - Catch the Fire
- Living on $2.13 an hour and tips: the harsh inequality of the service industry
- Trans Actress Laverne Cox Breaks New Ground with Orange Is the New Black
- Police Officer Resigns After Inappropriate Use of Taser, Pepper Spray
- 50 years ago: Mixed views about civil rights but support for Selma demonstrators
Tag Archives: Cornel West
“Calling Obama a ‘global George Zimmerman’? No. No.”: Michael Eric Dyson sounds off on Cornel West, Obama & his critics
By Joan Walsh Author, activist, erstwhile rapper and former Barack Obama surrogate Cornel West became the president’s First Hater (at least from the left) shortly after inauguration, because of Obama’s betrayal – whether of progressive principles, or West personally, has … Continue reading
The career assassination of Cornel West: A messy intellectual divorce reveals layers of broken heart — and to what end?
By Menash Demary Independent of one’s stance on the rift between Michael Eric Dyson and Cornel West — a rift years in the making and now clearly delineated in the form of Dyson’s essay on West in the New Republic, … Continue reading
By Michael Eric Dyson View image | gettyimages.com Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned” is the best-known line from William Congreve’s The Mourning Bride. But I’m concerned with the phrase preceding it, which captures wrath in more universal … Continue reading
By Elias Isquith Earlier this month, I attended a speaking event at Union Theological Seminary, the beautiful and nearly 180-year-old divinity school found on New York’s Upper West Side. The event was part of Union’s “Women of Spirit Lecture” series, … Continue reading
Originally posted on Black America Web:
Is anyone black enough for Cornel West? Not only is West criticizing President Barack Obama at every turn, but now, for reasons that are unclear, West has taken aim at MSNBC, calling it a…
Fantastic article from Ronda Racha Penrice and the Grio on the challenges of African-American literature in the age of the e-book. Black books are bigger than ‘ghetto lit’.
I support the President, but I agree with Dr’s West and Boykins on the points they have made. Cornel West Upset With President Obama.